GROOVEGROUND UPDATES: MARCH 16, 2020
Due to the State of New Jersey Public Safety Declaration, Grooveground will be making some additional changes until further notice…
• We will be closing at 8pm daily.
• There will be no inside customer seating–take-out and pick-up only.
• For coffee orders, our staff will be adding creamers, milk, and sweeteners. The milk station will no longer be available.
Ordering and Delivery Options…
Thank you in advance for helping to keep the food and drink flowing safely and patronizing us as we navigate this day by day. The list below displays all our options showing those that cost us the lowest fees towards the top…
 Safe Walk-in
Order and pick-up at our Safe Distance Counter that we have set-up in the cafe. It maintains a large distance between guests and staff for both ordering and pick-up. Payment can be made with a self-service credit/debit card terminal.
 Phone in for Safe Pick-up
Simply call (856) 869-9800 and we will be more than happy to prepare your order for quick pay and pick-up when you arrive. Orders can also be paid with a credit card over the phone and, if you wish, we can deliver your order to your vehicle car in the parking lot. Please inform our staff when you order and call us when you arrive.
 Grubhub Pick-up
This is the most cost-effective order for us if you visit THIS page at grooveground.com and click the “FOR DELIVERY” button, as that link charges us the lowest fees. The advantage is you simply grab your order and go with no need to interact to pay when you arrive.
 Grubhub Delivery
From their app or at Grubhub.com. Note: Grubhub has added a contact-free delivery option found during checkout on its app.
 UberEats Delivery – Currently with a $0 delivery fee
A second option for at-home delivery. Click here
*** Last orders accepted at 7:30 PM nightly ***
We saw this idea in many of the small business social media groups this past week. Purchasing a gift card is an ideal way to help support your local businesses as they slow-down, then use it after the “social distancing” period when things pick back up again.
• We have implemented hourly cleaning and sanitizing procedures for all high-touch points throughout the cafe with medical-grade wipes and solutions and have increased the number of wipes, hand sanitizers, and other cleaning materials available throughout our store for staff and guests.
• We have changed our cash handing process to limit unnecessary contact for customers and staff. All staff are required to wear gloves when handling money, and separately gloved, when handling food products and packaging.
• We have discontinued “your own mug” refill options temporarily and no longer will accept travel mugs from customers to use. We are also moving to all disposable silverware and packaging.
• Employees have been encouraged to notify us of any exposure or potential exposure to diagnosed or exposed individuals or if they exhibit any symptoms, and to not come in for work.
As this situation evolves, Grooveground will be looking at additional ways to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. That may at times, slow or alter the service you expect and we ask your patience for any food delays or changes in menu.
Staying Safe at Home…
• Wash your hands thoroughly, and often, with soap and water for 20 seconds.
• Stay home when you’re sick.
• Avoid contact with others who are sick.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
• Check grooveground.com, Facebook, and Instagram for more solutions in the days ahead.
• For updated resources and information, you can also visit the COVID-19 Center prepared by The Camden County Board of Freeholders and our friends at Visit South Jersey.
To all our customers and friends, be safe and feel good that all the steps we are collectively taking will make a difference in the lives of many people. We will get through this as a community and be better for it on the other side.
Mikey, Chris, and the entire staff of Grooveground